Friday 13 August 2010

What Was I Thinking?

Of course I know which episode of Star Trek to watch and review first... Arena! Great Gorn forgive me.

Still, I might as well use this entry as a pre-review warm-up and lay down a few ground rules for myself.

Firstly, the original Star Trek show is old. Very old! With this in mind, I'm obviously going to have to acknowledge the budget issues, props, sets and special affects of individual episodes. I will be watching the re-mastered versions of the episodes, since that is what I have. However, since starship footage was so very sparse, and ultimately quite unimportant to the series, I don't think that will matter.

Secondly, I plan to review the episodes as individual stories from an anthology. The original Star Trek had almost none of the canonical headaches of Star Trek: The Next Generation. So while I may bring up aspects of an episode that were later adopted or abandoned, I will try not to make too big a deal of them. Likewise, I won't have a review constantly referring back to an earlier review.

Thirdly, I do not have a schedule for this journal. But I will try not to let too long go by before making a post. Given the amount of films I watch and the rest, I should be able to find something to talk about!

No comments: